Thursday, April 19, 2012

Urban Zakapa Releases New Album 'Beautiful Day'

For someone who constantly awaits K-pop releases, I somehow found that the Korean indie scene actually churns out more decent songs than mainstream K-pop. Lately, indie bands have also started to release new music, partly since all the big names have already released theirs or are busy promoting their material overseas.

Korean indie bands have a more folk, pop rock sound, as well as acoustic. I must say that although sometimes their material sounds so raw and unplugged that you feel as though you are hearing them live.

My latest Korean indie fetish happens to be Urban Zakapa, a band unknown to me till last year when I happen to chance upon their album 01. Though they sang mostly in Korean, with English phrases peppered all over their songs, they could very well pass off as English natives.

Their latest album Beautiful Day takes off from where they let down their previous album. Their unique style and sound is still the same as ever in this new release, and I fell in love again with this band as soon as I listened to it.

Their title track Beautiful Day is an easy listening piece, somehow I feel like I am running on a beach with the wind beating against my face whenever I hear this track.

Check out the music video for Beautiful Day below. Enjoy!


Something Special is a mellow R&B track while 그댈 안은 목소리 is a slow dancing number full of high notes. Let It Rain is a slow and relaxing number, perfect for winding down on a rainy day, just as the title suggests.

Meanwhile, Just The Two Of Us is a wonderful acoustic version of the famous jazz number. Just A Feeling is a previously released single, which is a song which is a tell-tale Urban Zakapa track, as it just has that particular feel that only they can produce with their smooth vocals and acoustic instruments.

The author is currently listening to Standing Egg and Busker Busker, two more indie bands which recently released new albums.

Do follow me on Twitter for the latest updates!

No comments: