Saturday, April 28, 2012

4Minute Pumps the 'Volume Up'


4Minute is back with their latest album Volume Up! With the ladies glamming up as female vampires this round, things are looking a tad boring if not sexy. Their faces say it all on the cover, right?

Volume Up is the title track for the album, and while it's a pretty decent track, I probably expected more since I loved more of their older stuff such as Hot Issue, I My Me Mine and Mirror Mirror.

In Volume Up, the 2 most prominent things I noticed is the saxophone sounds in the background and the use of Hyuna's 'Oh oh oh oh' from Bubble Pop included in the track. While the song sounds sexy and all, their voices are a bit too high-pitched to be sexy, and a bit annoying when it comes to the 'Oh oh oh oh' part.

Here's the music video to Volume Up, which sees the members playing bored female vampires!


I personally preferred I'm OK and Dream Racer to the title track. The former is a ballad that showcases the members' vocal range, and does away with the annoying high-pitch sound that 4Minute tend to have on fast-paced songs. Dream Racer reminds me of a cheerleading song. It's cheery and fun, perfect as a mood-lifter.

Other songs on the album include Get On The Floor, Say My Name, Femme Fatale and Black Cat.

Overall, 4Minute's recent release isn't too bad, it's just a waste they promoted a song that isn't too great, in my standards. Hopefully they will pick a better title track next round!

The author is a huge fan of 4Minute's Mirror Mirror dance. Doesn't it represents most girls' favourite actions in the powder room? 

Do follow me on Twitter for the latest updates!

No comments: