Thursday, March 27, 2014

Tous Les Jours at WOLO, Bukit Bintang: Cozy Korean-French bakery in the heart of KL

Tous Les Jours' Berry Berry Tiramisu overlooking the busy Bukit Bintang street
I recently had the chance to visit the Korean-French bakery Tous Les Jours at WOLO, Bukit Bintang. I just couldn't resist walking in as the cozy ambience attracted my attention.

The name Tous Les Jours (pronounced TOO-LEH-JOO), which means 'everyday' in French may have some thinking that the bakery is a French chain, but in actual fact the chain originated in South Korea. During my trip to South Korea, I did manage to see a few of these outlets, but did not have the chance to try their products.

Now that I'm back in KL, I wish that I can visit the bakery 'everyday'... Or whenever I miss South Korea. Sigh....

So back to my visit.... Although I went in mid-afternoon, the bakery was quite full, and there were a few empty seats left.
Tea break time at Tous Les Jours while people-watching
I had a Berry Berry Tiramisu (RM8.90) and a Mango Yoghurt drink (RM10) while my brothers picked up a few buns.

The tiramisu was smooth and creamy... Yummy! And not to mention there was a little macaron to sample too... My stomach was full after one cup but instead my mouth still wants more. Guess I gotta come here 'everyday' huh? :p

My brother loved their signature Milk Bun (RM3.80), which was expected since he was a milk lover. One bun just wasn't enough, he said, so we had to take-away more home!
Tous Les Jours' Mango Yoghurt drink
I wanted to have their Iced Flakes (patbingsu), but sadly they were not available. Instead, their Mango Yoghurt did manage to help me cool down from the blistering hot outside. It wasn't overly milky, yet not too sweet, so I'll give this a 3.5 out of 5. Could do better though if they had stirred the syrup at the bottom before serving.
Tous Les Jours' pastries selection
They also had some French pastries on sale too, which I have yet to try. I'll make sure to try it the next round!
Tous Les Jours' buns on display
When we entered the shop, we were overwhelmed by the bread and pastries on display. Everyone seemed good and we couldn't make up our minds!
Tous Les Jours cakes and desserts on display
Their cakes and desserts, especially their tiramisu and macarons are so irresistible. I couldn't help but pick out a tiramisu to try, even though I wanted to try their pastries in the first place.
Tous Les Jours' country-inspired decor
I loved their country-inspired decor and also the cozy ambience where you can relax from the hustle and bustle of shopping in KL's Golden Triangle, grab a drink and some buns and pastries while resting your tired feet.
Tous Les Jours' WOLO: the upstairs felt like a huge reading room
I sat upstairs and I felt that the decor gave me the feels of sitting in a huge reading room, where I can have my drink and cake at the same time. 

While relaxing, I heard the strains of K-indie band Busker Busker's song playing in the background. That moment just transported me back to South Korea again because most cafes there loved Busker Busker's songs...
Tous Les Jours buns for breakfast (wait... somebody stole some of my madeleines already!)
We brought home some buns for breakfast the next day, and the buns were still (gladly) soft like the day before. The Chocolate Madeleines (RM3.90 for pack of 3) were awesome (dipped with coffee), and as you can see in the picture above, some were already stolen the night before!

Even my elderly grandparents loved the Red Bean buns and madeleines, so it's quite safe to say they cater to our Malaysian tastes as well.

I'll definitely make Tous Les Jours a place to stop by whenever I'm in the vicinity next time!

The store address is:
WOLO Bukit Bintang
126A-C, Jalan Bukit Bintang
Kuala Lumpur
Tel : +603-4065 0088
Opening Hours : 8AM – 11PM

They do have a store in Bangsar as well:
39-41 Jalan Telawi 3 | Bangsar Baru | 59100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : +603-2201 3526
Opening Hours : 7AM – 12AM (Sun - Thurs)
7AM - 1AM (Fri, Sat & Public Holiday)


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TLJMalaysia

Pic credits: TLJ Malaysia

The author is glad to have finally found a place where she can visit whenever her 'hunger pangs' for South Korea comes.

Do follow me on Twitter for the latest updates!

No comments: