Thursday, February 20, 2014

In Between Crossroads

Pic credit: http://beyondthebunker.com
It's been awhile since I last wrote about my life and thoughts and I figured that now is the best time than never to do it. One day when I re-read this post, I hope it will bring back some memories...
 
I'm actually in the midst of waiting for my thesis to be reviewed and to be called for a viva voce. It's something every student dread, but as much as I do dread it, I can't wait for it to be done and over with too.

After I get my thesis done, it's back to the working world again for me. I last left the corporate world 3 years ago when I had a crisis and decided to pursue my master's degree.

Time flies and I'm back here again. Soon, I'll be looking for a job, like many other graduates, and I really hope this time round I will get job, or better still, a career, that suits me.

Writing has always been my passion but I am always afraid that my experience will be a hindrance to my career advancement, therefore I have lowered my expectations this time round on my job scope.

My family members have been questioning what organization do I have in mind when it comes to applying for a job, but in my mind, the organization nor position does not matter. 

As long as I have a chance to learn and climb up the corporate ladder to get to my dream career (and own my dream car and house at it!), I am willing to try out any job scope pertaining to writing or editing.

I hope that when I'm old and retired, my first choice will not be one I will regret. After all, we wouldn't know what lies at the end of the road not taken, right?

At this moment, I still have a long way to go...

Here's the source of my inspiration and strength, JYJ. Hope you don't mind the K-pop twist to my post!



The author is in between crossroads and hopes to make the choice that she will never regret with a path less taken.

Do follow me on Twitter for the latest updates!

No comments: