Tuesday, January 21, 2014

South Korea Trip 2013: 8 Days Busan & Seoul Itinerary


To round off my posts on my South Korea trip in November 2013, I'll do a compilation of all my related posts which works as an itinerary guide for those who want to visit both Busan and Seoul within a week.

My self-guided South Korea trip itinerary is as follows, with KTX being the mode of transportation between the two cities.


Day 1: Busan Nampodong, BIFF Square and Gwangbok Street (Busan)

Day 2: Seoul Chungmuro, Namdaemun and Myeongdong

Day 3: Seoul Edae, Hongdae, D-Cube City and Dongdaemun

Day 4: Seoul N Seoul Tower, Namsangol Hanok Village, Garosugil and Go-To Mall


Day 5: Seoul Gyeongbukgung, Bukchon Hanok Village, Samcheongdong, Changdeokgung and Insadong

Day 6: Seoul to Busan (KTX and Busan City Night View Tour Bus)

Day 7: Busan Jagalchi Market, Gukje Market, Haeundae Beach and Seomyeon

Day 8: Busan Pusan Int'l University Street, Oncheonjang and Busan Trick Eye Museum

On a side note, here are some of my previous posts that might interest some of you who are curious to learn more about South Korea before you head over there.

Korean beverages on the streets of South Korea

K-pop album haul and Korean souvenirs

Beauty buys from South Korea

Grocery buys from South Korea

I hope my travel itinerary might have given some ideas to those that will be visiting South Korea in the future. 

Feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions, and I'll be more than willing to share with you whatever knowledge I have! :)

Update: Check out my latest account of my trip to Japan in 2015. Stay tuned for more updates on this trip!

Osaka: Sightseeing, Shopping & Dining Attractions

The author might have missed some places of interest since it was a tight schedule of 4 days in Busan and 4 days in Seoul. Someday she wishes to return and visit many more beautiful places in South Korea.

Do follow me on Twitter for the latest updates!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your review about your korea trip.. May I know how much do you spend in total for this trip including airfare, accommodation and all others.. As Im planning to travel in November 2014 for 8 days self guided tour..
Should I travel to busan or just focus in Seoul and mt seorak.. which do you recommend? Coz busan is famous for summer season and November is autumn season.. It is a right time??

angel_donna said...

Hi John! Glad you found the review of my trip interesting.

As for the cost of my total trip, I would say I spent almost RM4K? But it all depends since I spent nearly RM2,500 for airfare, accommodation, food and travel expenses. I bought lots of stuff home. Hehe :P

Since November is nearly winter, it is definitely quiter in Busan since there is not much activity on the beaches (like Haeundae). But if you love seafood then you must visit Jagalchi Market. The thing I loved here was the laid-back atmosphere, compared to the noisier and rushed Seoul.

But then again, if you have budget constraints (travelling via KTX will cost you around RM150 one way from Seoul to Busan) then I would recommend you travel to places near Seoul to maximize your 8 day trip. You'll still be able to find good seafood in Seoul too, btw.

Seoul is a beautiful place and I wished I had more time to explore further. I hope you'll have the chance to do so :)

Have a good trip to South Korea in November!

Unknown said...

Thank You very much^^...
I was wondering whether I'm able to see the autumn fall leaves on November in Seoul or not..

angel_donna said...

You're welcome John!

I can assure you that you'll be able to see the autumn leaves during November in Seoul, because that's exactly the same time frame I visited Seoul last year.

I didn't really see much autumn foliage in Busan though, but that's because it is a southern province while Seoul is up north. Do bundle up because it can be quite chilly in Seoul, especially at night.

younme said...

Hi, i will be travelling to koreo from 10th to 17th nov. Would like to get your advice should i plan for busan trip beside seoul?

angel_donna said...

Hi younme!Sorry I took so long to reply your post...

If you are willing to spend another approximately RM300 for a return trip to Busan from Seoul, then by all means go ahead!

Busan is a beautiful sea port which caters to seafood lovers. On top of that, the life in Busan is very laidback, so it's great for those who doesn't fancy the hustle and bustle of cities such as Seoul.

Hope you'll enjoy your trip to South Korea! :)