Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Ko Hyang: Korean Country Delights

Ko Hyang's Yukgaejang is simply delicious!
Yet another food review before my upcoming trip to South Korea in November. This time round I tried Ko Hyang, a quaint little store located at the LG floor of The Gardens Mall

My choice of dish is Yukgaejang, a spicy beef stew with vegetables. Served with a bowl of rice (with beans in it) and 3 banchans (bean sprouts, anchovies and kimchi), the meal was quite satisfying and affordably priced (it was around RM18.90 I think). My mom tried the Dol Sot Bibimbap, while my brother had the Chicken BBQ. 

While the Dol Sot Bibimbap was similar to what we've tried at most places, my Yukgaejang was flavourful and not too spicy. I kept drinking till my spoon reached the bottom of the bowl. Even my mom couldn't resist from stealing a few spoonfuls of the delicious soup. And mind you, she was already quite full at that point!

The Chicken BBQ was the most surprising winner of all the 3 dishes we ordered. The chicken was succulent and juicy, and so fragrant that when the chef started cooking it, we could smell it right away!

Definitely stop by for a taste of Korean country delights (their tagline obviously does not lie!) when you're around the vicinity. Do be warned though, they have few tables only and most of the time they are full at meal times. But staff are quick and we were seated within less than 5 minutes even when the store is full.

Can't wait to try their Bulgogi Bokem next round. Hit up their website for more info!

Update: I managed to try their Bulgogi Bokem last week when I was in the vicinity. The meat was very succulent and tasty! It was so good that I finished it till the last piece although I was practically full halfway through the meal :)

The author is ecstatic to try authentic Korean food in South Korea. If you have any great food suggestions, do drop a comment below. Thanks!

Do follow me on Twitter for the latest updates!

No comments: