Sunday, November 21, 2010

JYJ: Currently the Biggest Boy Band in the World


I came across a question on Yahoo! while surfing, and it was about which is the biggest boy band in the world. My mind automatically thought of the Backstreet Boys and N’Sync, since they were two of the biggest boy bands that I’ve known.

My answer was proved wrong by Yahoo!, who gave statistics that showed that the biggest boy band of the moment was in fact JYJ, a Korean trio. I bet many of you out there didn’t know that too, and are equally surprised as I am to discover that a Korean boy band is more famous and popular as compared to their American counterparts.

Formerly from the Korean boy band DBSK (also known as TVXQ), the three members were involved in court case with their former record label. Since breaking away from their former band, they formed JYJ, which stands for their names Junsu, Yuchun and Jejung.

Since DBSK has a huge fan base, it is not a real surprise that these fans will continue to support JYJ. But what I didn’t expect was their popularity soared and now with the release of their latest English album, The Beginning, it seems that the boys are set to continue increasing the number of their fan base worldwide.

Their English album is a worthwhile effort from a Korean boy band, with collaborations from notable names in the music industry, such as Kanye West, Malik Yusef and Flowsik.

Out of the seven songs on the album, the first single Ayyy Girl has already been proven a success. The second single Be My Girl, my personal favourite, is also quickly gaining popularity. Other songs on the album include Empty, Still In Love, I Can Soar, I Love You and Be The One.

Do give these boys a listen, and I promise that you will not be disappointed!

The author loves questions with answers throw her off the ground, as it starts a whole research to understand why the answer is not what she believed it was supposed to be.

No comments: