Wednesday, November 10, 2010

J.D. Robb and her addictive 'In Death' series


Usually I am into chick-lit books, but recently an author named J.D. Robb caught my attention with her action and thriller ‘In Death’ series.

Born In Death was the first book that I read from the series. Eve Dallas the detective and her businessman husband Roarke, captured my attention as they shine as a couple who worked closely together to solve crimes in the city of New York.

What intrigued me was Roarke’s character had a dark past and he was possibly involved in crimes himself, yet Eve still has a strong confidence in sharing her work details with him.

In this book, Eve and Roarke race to save heavily pregnant Mavis, Eve’s best friend, who was kidnapped.

Creation in Death was my second book off the series, and this one definitely had me craving for more! The suspense and race against time kept me turning page after page and I had a hard time putting it down.

I got addicted to the storyline, so much so that I even started playing detective by putting together clues and trying to guess who the culprit is.

My advice to all suspense-loving readers out there is: go get yourselves a J.D. Robb book now!

The author intends to collect all books in the ‘In Death’ series, and will start scouring for them this coming Friday at the Big Bad Wolf Books Sale.

No comments: