Saturday, July 24, 2010

Shopping in Bangsar: How A Little Retail Therapy Can Help Save Your Life


Girls out there, don’t you agree that shopping takes away your worries and stress? Even just a casual window-shopping trip is surely a relaxing therapy.

Sure, we walk till our feet are blistered and our throats parched, but even if we do come away from the ‘lil shopping trip empty-handed, it feels as though you had satisfied your inner self.

But with a short stop now and then for some refreshments, (oohh, a personal favourite of mine is ice-cream) you’ll definitely be so recharged for more shopping till the security guards have to shoo you out during closing time!

I used to love going to bookshops, scouring the shelves and finding for great reads. And later at home, curled up on the sofa, I’ll unwind myself by reading my new book while happily sipping my hot cup of tea.

Well, that used to be in the past. Nowadays, my days are spent mostly at the office and when I reach home, its dinner and a little television time before dozing off to dreamland.

As this pattern is repeated 5 times a week, when the weekend comes around, I’m usually so stressed out that I don’t even want to move out from my comfy bed when the sun is high up in the sky!

Retail therapy definitely helped me a lot by releasing my pent-up stress at the end of a long day after staring at the computer screen. You should try it out too, since it’s free (provided you do not purchase anything by impulse-lah)!

The writer can be seen from time to time in quaint little Bangsar boutiques, hunting through the racks for great bargains.

No comments: