Thursday, July 29, 2010

Restoran Haeun Khon: A Fantastic Discovery


Tucked away in a corner of Amcorp Mall, I stumbled upon this little shop (well, not very little, but the sort that gives you a cosy and homey feel since it’s not sparse and cold) which serves Korean cuisine.

I would never have stepped in the place if I had not been coming to visit BookXcess regularly to stock up my supply of books. Since I was in the vicinity, my friends and I thought that we’ll just give the restaurant a try as we were also hunting for good food for our lunch.

For a random choice, the food at Restoran Haeun Khon was superb! The three of us ordered the Korean Fried Rice, Cuttlefish and Bibimbap. The portions were big and the side dishes were plentiful.

I had the Bibimbap set, and I the amount of work that goes into my dish was very well paid off as I enjoyed every single bit of it. From the main dish of rice and shredded vegetables topped with fried egg to the side dishes of kimchi, salted vegetable, tofu, soup and cold fruit, my appetite was satisfied and I had a huge problem detaching myself from the chair as I was leaving!

And as we ordered quite early, we had the opportunity of observing the steady stream of customers coming in for lunch. By the time we were leaving, the place was already fully seated.

The service was good and prompt, prices were affordable and the ambience was suitable for those who need an escape from the stress of daily working life (people like myself!)

Do stop by Restoran Haeun Khon for a good Korean meal and BookXcess to satiate your thirst for books!

No comments: