Sunday, January 9, 2011

Westlife's New Album: Gravity


The boys of Westlife are back again, this time with another album titled Gravity. I must say that for a group of four, they still have the capability of rolling out albums at a consistent rate (one per year).

Their latest album doesn't indicate much changes in their style, which has lots of piano sounds as their background, but they do have a more matured and mellow sound as compared to way back then when they were younger and huge boy band stars.

My favourite tracks off the album are Beautiful Tonight, Safe and I Will Reach You. All three songs have a very Westlife 'feel' towards it, which I thi
nk suits their new matured sound.

Others include Chances, Closer, Tell Me It's Love, I Get Weak, Before It's Too Late, No Ones Gonna Sleep Tonight, Difference In Me, Too Hard To Say Goodbye, and bonus track Please Stay.

Another good track is the cover of Hoobastank's The Reason, and I think the boys did a pretty decent job of covering the song, although there wasn't much variation from the original.

Give this album a spin on nights when you need a good relaxation time.

The author used to be a huge boy band fan during her teenage days, and still continues to be.

As always, don't forget to follow me on Twitter!

No comments: